Notice of Zhongshan Human Resource and Social Security Bureau Issuance of "Measures for the Evaluation of Start-up Funds for the Overseas Students in Zhongshan to Start-up Business in the Zhongshan Pioneer Park"
20 June 2018
Zhongshan human resource and social security bureau issued "Measures for the Evaluation of Start-up for Overseas Students in Zhongshan to start-up business in Zhongshan Pioneer Park". Eligible applicants may apply for the start-up funds within 3 months to 2 years upon completion of relevant business registration. The Notice is effective from 25 July 2018 and will be valid for 5 years.
Small and medium technological enterprises established by qualified overseas students in the Zhongshan Pioneer Park ("the park") may apply for the Start-up funds (within 2 years after the 3rd month of completing the registration or alteration of information with the State Administration of Industry and Commerce) if they fulfil the following criteria:
- The enterprise must be legally setup, with registered address and operation headquarters in the park;
- The overseas students must have at least 30% shareholding in the enterprise and exercise management and control in the enterprises; and the shareholding must be in the form of capital or technology stock;
- The overseas students must have ownership in the relevant intellectual property, know-how of the investment project.
Qualified overseas students include:
- Students of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan with equivalent qualifications;
- Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan residents or foreigners who have obtained national recognition of master's degree or above;
- Personnel either sent by the Mainland or self-funded who have attained masters' degrees or above from overseas institutions;
- Mainland students with masters' degrees or above or personnel qualified intermediate level or above in technical professionals, pursued further study or research work abroad for over 1 year, returning to the Mainland after attaining a certain level of achievement as visiting scholars or for continue education.
The maximum funding amount is RMB 2 million.
The Notice is effective from 25 July 2018 and for a period of 5 years.