Notice from the Office of the People's Government of Guangdong on Publishing Opinions on Deepening System Innovation in Guangdong Free Trade Zone (YueFuBan  No. 34)
14 August 2018
The Office of the People's Government of Guangdong issued an opinion on deepening system innovation of Guangdong free trade zone, covering 20 suggestions, such as exploring the mechanism of mutual capital and market access, introducing a commercial registration confirmation system, supporting Nansha New District and Hengqin New District on QDIE (Qualified Domestic Investment Enterprise) and establishing Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao's "free trade access".
The Office of the People's Government of Guangdong issued implementation framework on deepening system innovation of Guangdong free trade zone, covering 20 areas, such as exploring the mechanism of mutual capital and market access, supporting Nansha New District, Hengqin New District on QDIE (Qualified Domestic Investment Enterprise) and establishing Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao's "free trade access".
- Delegate administrative authority to free trade zones in accordance to relevant State policy.
- Nansha as a pilot district where entities are required to use real-name authentication and undergo electronic and smart approval system for business registration.
- Encourage electronic administrative approval process
- Promote the Development of Big Data
- Technological innovation to improve the level of government supervision
- Promote the reform of electricity consumption in enterprise investment projects
- Set up a global customs declaration system
- Establish a global quality traceability system for import and export products
- Simplify customs clearance arrangements for Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao
- Explore Hengqin port as a joint control inspection point for Guangdong and Macao, set up a coordination supervision mechanism between Guangdong and Macao
- Deepen system innovation of customs' special supervision zone
- Relax market access restriction to the healthcare industry, simplifying the application procedures for investors from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan to set up medical institutions in the Free Trade Zones, cancelling the pre-approval requirement, and issuance of medical institution permits upon application record filing is completed.
- Cooperation platform of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao to explore policy synchronisation among the three areas. Set up cooperation district in Nansha to promote investment of Hong Kong and Mainland enterprises. Set up an innovative area in Qianhai to attract direct investment from eligible Hong Kong residents.
- Implementi Hong Kong's engineering construction management model
- Enhance technological cooperation in Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao
- Promote development of financial innovation and market access
- Co-organise Belt and Road service platform, offering comprehensive services in trade and investment for foreign investors.
- Improve the mechanism for the protection and application of intellectual property
- Set up an anti-corruption model district
- Promote development of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao partnership and joint venture law firm, relax the practice scope of the law firm partnership and encourage communication of arbitration institution among the Mainland, Hong Kong and Macao