Opinions of the People's Government of Dongguan for the development of innovative cities under the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area Development Strategy (Dong Fu  No. 24)
22 March 2019
The Office of the People's Government of Dongguan issued the opinion for implementing the development of innovative cities under the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area Development Strategy on 22 March 2019. The main tasks include promoting the construction of the Guangdong-Shenzhen-Hong Kong-Macau Innovative Technology Corridor (the Dongguan Section) and speeding up the construction of the Dongguan Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area Technological Results Conversion Centre, which are expected to complete by 2025.
The Office of the People's Government of Dongguan issued the opinion for implementing the development of innovative cities under the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Development Strategy on 22 March 2019.
The main tasks include the following:
- Supporting the Songshan Lake Materials Laboratory in establishing the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Cross-Scientific Research Centre, creating a platform for academic exchange.
- Encouraging cooperative education in Dongguan between Hong Kong, Macao and world-renowned universities, setting up international academies and research institutions.
- Implement the action plan for in scientific and technological innovation in the Greater Bay Area (“GBA”), exploring the set-up of an open fund in the GBA (Guangdong-Dongguan) with the Guangdong provincial government.
- Gradually opening up scientific and technological planning projects to Hong Kong and Macao, supporting secondary schools and research institutions from Hong Kong and Macao to apply for scientific and technological planning projects in Guangdong province.
- Vigorously developing major areas of core technology and breakthroughs.
- Playing a catalytic role in the establishment of the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong-Macao scientific and technological innovation corridor (Dongguan section), introducing new international scientific and technological resources.
- Introducing scientific and technological innovation and entrepreneurial talents from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, establishing an innovation and entrepreneurial platform for Hong Kong and Macao youths.
- Accelerating the establishment of technological achievement and transformation platforms, such as the Dongguan Centre for International Technology Transformation and Dongguan GBA Centre for Scientific and Technological Achievement and Transformation.
- Optimising talent flow and assessment standards, encouraging Hong Kong, Macao residents and foreign talents to start innovative businesses in Dongguan.
- Organising GBA investment forums in Dongguan, promoting scientific and technological achievement and transformation, as well as new industry development.