Development of international innovation and technology (“I&T”) hub
Strengthen I&T cooperation, develop international innovation platforms
- Encourage Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao enterprises and scientific research institutes to participate in international I&T cooperation.
- Open up Guangdong's research and development (“R&D”) facilities and equipment to Hong Kong R&D institutions, and support the relevant institutions to participate in national technological programmes.
Support technological infrastructure and technological innovation for industries
- Support the development of the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Innovation and Technology Park; the five R&D centres in Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Science Park, Cyberport and the State Key Laboratories.
- Nurture platforms for technological innovation for industries, manufacturing innovation centres.
Foster the flow of technology talent and resources, facilitate R&D collaboration
- To allow eligible higher education institutions and R&D institutes in Hong Kong to apply for Mainland technology projects, and use relevant funding in both places according to the regulations.
- Enhance the management of cross-boundary use of medical data and bio-samples necessary for R&D collaboration projects.
- Enable Hong Kong R&D institutes in Guangdong to enjoy the same treatment as other Mainland R&D institutes.
- Study facilitation measures relating to immigration, etc., to encourage exchanges between technological and academic talent.