Transportation and Logistics
- To enhance the international competitiveness of the Pearl River Delta port cluster. Enhance Hong Kong's status as an international maritime centre, develop high value-added maritime services such as ship management, ship finance and ship leasing, marine insurance, maritime law and dispute resolution services, and provide such services to Mainland and Macao enterprises.
- To leverage Hong Kong's strengths in high value-added maritime and financial services, and develop specialised financial services such as marine insurance, reinsurance and ship finance.
The Hong Kong Section of the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link
- To connect with the national high-speed rail network and greatly shorten the travelling time between Hong Kong and Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and other cities in the PRD. It consolidates Hong Kong's position as a regional transportation hub.
Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge
- To reduce significantly the relevant travelling time between Hong Kong and the western side of the Pearl River Delta, for instance, the travelling time between Zhuhai and the Kwai Chung Container Port via the HZMB will be reduced from 3.5 hours to 75 minutes. It will enhance economic development and connectivity among the Greater Bay Area cities and bring strategic significance for the development of the Greater Bay Area.
- To enhance Hong Kong's status as an international logistics, trade and business hub and also accelerate the economic integration of the PRD and its neighbouring provinces.
- To consolidate and enhance Hong Kong's status as an international aviation hub.
- To support the construction of the Three-Runway System at Hong Kong International Airport.
- To optimise the Greater Bay Area airspace management.
- To further expand the Greater Bay Area's domestic and international aviation networks, and proactively take forward intermodal code-sharing services.
- To develop high value-added freight, aircraft leasing and aircraft aviation financing services.
- To strengthen our role as an aviation training centre.
Agreement on Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Airspace Collaborative Development signed
Memorandum of Understanding to expand the Air Services Arrangement between the Mainland and HKSAR signed