Tourism is one of Hong Kong's four pillar industries. In recent years, more diversified and high value-added products are being developed. The Government also endeavours to promote multi-destination tourism products to foreign visitors and strengthen Hong Kong's image as a premier tourist destination in Asia. In addition, major infrastructure projects such as the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge and the Hong Kong Section of the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link, as well as the third runway of Hong Kong International Airport being constructed, will help enhance Hong Kong's cross-boundary transport connection, taking the development of the tourism industry to the next level.
Diversified travel products
- Hong Kong is committed to developing diversified tourism products and enhancing the competitiveness of the tourism industry, aiming at drawing more overnight and high value-added visitors.
- Hong Kong organises various types of mega events to enrich the travel experiences of visitors and enhance the city's image as the Events Capital of Asia.
- Hong Kong's two major theme parks, the Ocean Park and the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, have their own characteristics as well as distinctive facilities and entertainment offerings. They have also been rolling out new initiatives to enhance their attractiveness.
- The Government is committed to enhancing the appeal of Hong Kong as an ideal MICE (meetings, incentive travels, conventions and exhibitions) destination in Asia, so as to attract more MICE visitors to Hong Kong.
- The Government is committed to developing Hong Kong as an international cruise hub in the region. Besides developing the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, we have been implementing various initiatives such as "fly-cruise" and "rail-cruise" campaigns to support the balanced growth of the cruise tourism industry in Hong Kong.