Notice from the People's Government of Dongguan on Electronic Business Licence Application (Dong Fu  No. 14)
15 February 2019
On 15 February 2019, the Office of the People's Government of Dongguan issued a notice about fully digitalising business licence application process. The notice is valid from 15 February 2019 to 31 December 2023. From the effective date onwards, applicants may apply via internet with electronic document for business licences applications to the Dongguan Administration of Market Regulation (registration authority). Upon the registration authority's review of the application, the registration authority may issue physical or electronic copies of the business licenses in accordance with national regulations.
The Office of the People's Government of Dongguan issued the “Measures on Electronic Business Licence Application” on 15 February 2019 (“the Measures”). The Measures are effective from 15 February 2019 and valid till 31 December 2023.
- According to the Measures, the procedures for industrial and commercial registration may be completed entirely online. Applications for industrial and commercial registration with the Dongguan Administration for Market Regulation and the subsequent review and approval by registration authorities may be completed in electronic format.
- Registration authorities are responsible for the industrial and commercial registration for entities within Dongguan city.
- Applicants are required to arrange for electronic signature on the application documents and submit valid identification documents.
- If the registration applications are not accepted, the registration authorities will issue an electronic stamp for dismissal, informing the applicant of the items required to be revised or supplemented. If the registration applications are accepted, the authorities will issue an electronic stamp for acceptance, and decide whether or not the registration is successful and issue relevant documents within a specified timeline.
- Registration authorities will issue business licences to successful applicants in paper or electronic format. Both formats have the same legal effect.
- If the applicants fail to collect their business licences within 6 months of the specified timeline, their registration application will be revoked.