Response from the People's Government of Guangdong Province on the 3012th proposal (Education section No. 320) raised in the Second Session of the 13th National People's Congress (YueFuHan [2019] No. 186)

16 July 2019

The Guangdong provincial government issued a reply regarding “Proposal for supporting Hong Kong associate degree students to study undergraduate courses in Guangzhou”. The Guangdong authorities state that Hong Kong students may apply to study in Mainland universities based on their results from the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education examination. Hong Kong students with associate or above degrees may apply to transfer into universities in Guangdong province for the same or similar course of study for a one-year probation period. After probation and upon passing of the respective university's examination, students may be officially accepted as first year undergraduate students.

Back to previous